A division of SNG, SNG Solutions is a unique research firm specializing in maximizing – and then measuring – the economic and social impacts of investments.
Through our proprietary research methods, developed and refined by measuring the socio-economic impacts from investments in digital infrastructure, SNG is able to provide economic analysis for policy and program development – as well as a clear path to growth.
The founding of SNG Solutions is a result of the demand for Strategic Networks Group’s services (qualitative and quantitative data collection, economic analysis and forecasting, economic impact assessment, strategic planning) to be applied to other industries beyond SNG’s extensive expertise in telecommunications and online services.
Our speciality is measuring and tracking local economic benefits for industry and government, supporting capacity building, local economic benefits management, and public investment accountability.
- Strategic planning and policy regional development facilitation
- Rural economic development (focusing on the strengths and opportunities available to an organization, community or region within a local or regional economic system)
- Asset mapping (to identify resource availability and gaps in services for government and organizations)
- Economic impact assessments and strategic economic reviews and assessments
- Energy economics (including economic assessments of alternative energy options)
- Regulatory and program reviews (for both organizations and governments) and recommendation
- Measuring and tracking local economic benefits for industry and government, supporting capacity building, local economic benefits management, and public investment accountability
Our study areas
Since 2003, SNG Solutions has lent its expertise to over one hundred industries including:
- Alternative / renewable energy
- Workforce and labor market economics
- Regional and rural economic development
- Tourism policy and development
- Health economics
- Primary and secondary agriculture and fisheries
- Sports and cultural development
SNG Solutions is often called upon by industry associations and other consulting companies to provide subject matter expertise in economic development, quantitative methods, program evaluation, and other services. We regularly work with urban and rural planners, landscape architects, engineers, industry associations, universities, local/municipal, provincial/state, and federal governments, non-for-profit organizations, business consultants, as well as regional development and community development organizations.