Good decisions need good information
The value of broadband networks comes from how they are used. Broadband is more than internet access. Broadband networks are essential infrastructure that enables digital transformation. Public and private investments in building digital infrastructure requires the right information to make the right decisions.
SNG’s eSolutions Benchmarking (eSB) collects data from individual businesses, organizations, and households to develop a granular picture of how they are connected, using, and benefiting from their internet connection. SNG has conducted eSB’s for communities and regions across North America and in Europe, as well as state-wide eSBs for nine (9) American States. To date SNG has amassed an industry-unique Digital Economy Database (DED) of more than 75,000 households, businesses, and organizations across North America. In addition to collecting data for your region, the DED provides the ability to benchmark your data against data collected from other regions for comparative analysis.
Conducting an eSolutions Benchmarking provides the data points and insights clients need to:
- Optimize investments in broadband and digital infrastructure based on user-driven demand research (instead of assumed pro-forma subscription rates)
- Identify broadband needs, gaps, barriers, and opportunities – for targeting user groups, funding, and necessary technical support
- Quantify potential economic and community returns on investment based on cost-benefit analysis of demand drivers
- Provide communities, counties, regions, port authorities, tribes, etc. data for local planning and evidence-based decision-making
- Provide a baseline of data for benchmarking future progress and evaluating economic return on investments
With eSolutions Benchmarking, we help our clients make evidence-based decisions, build buy-in, and build an action plan focused on outcomes that engages the community and providers to:
- Address gaps in the meaningful use of the internet (i.e. utilization) and uncover community benefits that can self-finance digital infrastructure without raising taxes, nor taking on unsustainable debt
- Grow demand for broadband and drive network sustainability by driving demand for smart community services and online business applications
- Identify opportunities to implement smart community services that pay for themselves and enhance local quality of life
SNG takes a holistic approach to assess both current and future demand at a granular level, coupled with examination of current and potential supply-side solutions. We believe this is the basis for communities and regions to address the economic and social challenges from investing in broadband, smart community technologies, and necessary digital infrastructure for their future.
Digital infrastructure is much more than connecting to the internet, it is about digital transformation of how people live, how we do business, and how communities thrive.
Does your community need better broadband? Is your region’s infrastructure meeting the needs of local institutions, businesses, and households? How can you maximize the community benefits and economic impacts from your broadband investments? SNG helps you uncover all of this.
Each and every eSolutions Benchmarking initiative includes a full report, an eStrategy go-forward report, and access to your data. Here are some examples of our work that have been publicly released.
Get your free consultation on benchmarking broadband in your region!