SNG Hard at Work in Canada’s Arctic
The Nunavut Broadband Development Corporation (NBDC) in Canada’s Arctic recently engaged SNG to measure the impacts-to-date of broadband investments and to forecast broadband needs and investment levels required to meet those needs.
NBDC is a not-for-profit, federally registered corporation with a membership representing community, private sector and citizen interests. This project is made possible with funding support from CanNor.
Over the next few months, SNG will conduct an assessment of the socioeconomic impact of broadband in Nunavut, which will:
- Establish and implement a framework to provide an assessment of the socioeconomic impact of broadband in Nunavut for to the Nunavut Broadband Development Corporation
- Measure the benefits of broadband in monetary and qualitative terms as they relate to regional businesses, residential customers, communities, and nongovernmental organizations
- Show both the economic and social impacts of broadband
- Forecast future demand for Broadband in Nunavut
- Present three investment scenarios for broadband in Nunavut, including the socioeconomic costs and benefits of each scenario
We’re excited to help this area of Canada harness the power of broadband. Stay tuned in 2012 for our findings and how broadband can impact even the most sparsely populated regions.