Broadband provides the platform for innovation and communication for 21st century communities and their citizens. Is your community poised to compete, or be passed-by? Keep in mind that the FCC definition of broadband continues to evolve as the minimum standard is now 25 Mbps download/3 Mbps upload speed.
SNG research reveals that local economic growth and secondary investment enabled by broadband is 10 times the initial broadband investment and the contribution to Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is 15 times the initial investment.
Investments in broadband infrastructure strengthen regional economies by improving skills, competitiveness, and service delivery, thus enhancing the local business environment. Broadband today is as vital as electrification was in the 1930’s.
- Education – Bring dynamic resources into the classroom while enabling seamless communication and partnering among teachers, students and parents.
- Health Care – Create shared services that reduce operating costs and provide patients with a broader spectrum of enhanced services, including remote diagnostics, administration, scheduling, and electronic patient records.
- Public Safety & Emergency Response – Rapidly connecting response teams with vital information improves coordinated, timely reaction to accidents and disasters. Citizens also benefit by gaining access to the information and tools they need to make decisions and seek support.
- Citizen and Social Services – Online services improve service reach and quality, save valuable time and public money while improving overall efficiency through services like smart grid technology and platforms to communicate and collaborate.
- Economic & Workforce Development – Improve productivity and competitiveness through broadband new business practices and models which increase revenues, reduce costs and improve customer service. Being online allows businesses to be anywhere and serve customers everywhere.
- Regional Development – Attract, retain and grow innovative businesses, allowing the local economy to become more diverse and resistant to economic shocks, as well as provide well-paying, high-quality jobs.
Newsletter Sign Up
"Bandwidth" SNG Blog - View all
SNG in the News - View all