Uncovering Demand and Maximizing Value from Broadband
You have decided to make the investment in a municipal or co-op broadband network. Great! Typically this investment is intended to achieve three distinct goals:
- Provide better broadband services than currently available.
- Ensure network sustainability, which comes from demand for high-value services.
- Accelerate economic advancement and maintain community relevance through broadband use.
Overcoming the digital divide and achieving these goals can be put at risk by overly focusing on broadband availability, or focusing on service uptake. Planning and evidence-based decisions are needed in order to grow market demand and drive benefits from the network investment.
All of these goals need to be equally part of the plan from the outset so that you can achieve the outcome of a sustainable network that pays-off for the whole community.
Market Assessment and Economic Baseline
Taking Stock, Measuring Demand, and Meeting It
Investing in municipal and co-op broadband networks is a major undertaking. Planning for and ensuring the outcomes from your investment is essential. This comes down to two principle and related dimensions to network sustainability:
- Maximizing service uptake and revenue generation for sustainable operations.
- Enabling and promoting effective use of the network for user benefits and to drive demand.
Addressing these dimensions proactively will allow networks to fulfill the promise of economic advancement while also increasing demand for higher margin, robust service subscriptions and value added services. SNG’s Market Assessment and Economic Baseline provides municipal and co-op networks with the following fact-based analysis:
- Levels of demand for current and potential services – Provides new revenues streams and higher ARPU (average revenue per user) for network operators and their partners.
- Impacts that quantify the story – Baseline data that can be updated and used to demonstrate network ROI (return on investment) over time.
- Levels of utilization – Identify gaps, barriers and opportunities from which strategies and programs can be developed to bridge digital divide issues in the community.
Establishing the baseline early and identifying demand drivers from the outset better positions municipal and co-op networks to quickly achieve and maintain sustainability and gain measurable outcomes for the community.
Who can benefit from this service?
The Market Assessment and Economic Baseline is ideal for municipal and co-op network providers who are:
In the planning stages and want to…
- Measure demand to optimize deployment and maximize revenue opportunities
- Establish a baseline in the target market for measuring outcomes from the network investment
- Engage with the potential customer base
In the early stages of deployment and operation and want to…
- Solidify demand for core services and drive demand for higher value services
- Establish a baseline with new customers as well as potential customers
- Engage with potential customer base and build customer loyalty
In the mature stage of operations and want to…
- Gauge demand for higher value core services and value-added services to increase revenue
- Establish a baseline with existing customers or expanded network footprint
- Engage with existing customers to improve services and build customer loyalty
- Measure the impacts and benefits from broadband use
Newsletter Sign Up
"Bandwidth" SNG Blog - View all
SNG in the News - View all